Re: [Videolib] Print Search: The Oak

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:50:50 -0500

THE OAK was for a time owned by New Yorker but it appears to have reverted
To the original owner MK2 based in Paris.
You would have to contact them directly for rights
And it would not be cheap. I don't know if it was released on VHS

According to the IMDB
She does not even appear in LOVE IS SURVIVOR which
Is retitled THE FENCE and has no US distribution

My usual caveat on these things is that 90% or more of films made
Over seas NEVER get US distribution and for those that do most contracts are
for 5 or 7 years and are often not renewed. It is certainly possible to
track these films down to their overseas owner but it time consuming and in
many cased expensive ( and some owners will not license their films for any
US showing)

> Dear CW,
>
> I am looking into the availability of a subtitled (English) print of
> either of the following films, starring Maia Morgenstern, for rental
> with PPR:
>
> The Oak / Balanta (1992)
>
> Love is a Survivor (2005)

> Best,