Re: [Videolib] Use of Film Clips in Presentation

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:59:21 -0500

To clarify one thing copyright law DOES change re for profit schools in
regards to the SEPARATE " face to face" teaching exemption . FOR profit
Schools are NOT entitled to use films in courses without licensing them

Also back to the original question, this involved film CLIPS which is far
More than a single image so I am not sure if any of the info below is
applicable.

Lastly I don't know about the rest of you but I will be fascinated to
See how the legal battle between google and major publishers over the
scanning of entire works turns out and it is only in the initial stages

Jessica

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International