Re: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies

deg farrelly (deg.farrelly@asu.edu)
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:20:10 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_82Wn0KeU/MpgoxLCTGvttQ)

Absolutely.

Same loan period for all borrowers: faculty, students, staff, community:
one week.

Faculty and students can BOOK (Reserve) videos for specific use dates. This
service is not available to community users.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West Campus

From: Judith Howard <JHoward@augie.edu> Reply-To: "videolib@library.berkeley.edu" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:19:06 -0600 To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>, <videolib-request@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies

Hello, I have been reading the public library discussion about collection policies for DVDs, and would be very interested in how academic libraries handle their entertainment DVDs as well. We have quite a few DVDs that were purchased for use in class that have great entertainment value, and I purchase a few every year that are purely for fun. My question is, do you allow your DVDs to go out for non-classroom use, and how long? Thanks, Judith Judith Howard Media/Distance Educ. Librarian Mikkelsen Library Augustana College

--Boundary_(ID_82Wn0KeU/MpgoxLCTGvttQ) Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies Absol= utely.

Same loan period for all borrowers:  faculty, students, staff, communi= ty:  one week.

Faculty and students can BOOK (Reserve) videos for specific use dates. &nbs= p;This service is not available to community users.