RE: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:22:04 -0800

------_=_NextPart_9961_00016827.00023281

Hi Judith!

We're a community college library - DVDs that are in the circulating
collection go out for a week.

-jen

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Judith
Howard
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:19 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu; videolib-request@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies

Hello,

I have been reading the public library discussion about collection
policies for DVDs, and would be very interested in how academic
libraries handle their entertainment DVDs as well. We have quite a few
DVDs that were purchased for use in class that have great entertainment
value, and I purchase a few every year that are purely for fun. My
question is, do you allow your DVDs to go out for non-classroom use, and
how long?

Thanks,
Judith

Judith Howard