Re: [Videolib] Academic library DVD checkout policies

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:27:27 -0500

Judith wrote:

>I have been reading the public library discussion about collection
>policies for DVDs, and would be very interested in how academic libraries
>handle their entertainment DVDs as well. We have quite a few DVDs that
>were purchased for use in class that have great entertainment value, and I
>purchase a few every year that are purely for fun. My question is, do you
>allow your DVDs to go out for non-classroom use, and how long?

At Wabash College we do let our DVDs circulate. The checkout period is one
week for students, three weeks for faculty & staff.

Susan

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Coordinator
Wabash College Lilly Library