RE: [Videolib] Closed Captions

John Hoskyns-Abrahall (John@bullfrogfilms.com)
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:05:29 -0500

Voice: 610/779-8226
Fax: 610/370-1978

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Susan Weber
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:41 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Closed Captions

On the subject of closed captioning, I've just run into a lab problem. I
wonder if anybody else knows the solution.
The program was produced in analog and the master is in Betacam SP.
There is closed captioning and the VHS copy has it.

We want a DVD sub-master, with the closed captions.
The lab says they cannot embed the closed captioning without incurring a
very high cost. Can anyone help?

Susan

Hix Susan wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm helping to coordinate an effort to provide closed captioned media
> to deaf and hard of hearing students here at Santa Rosa Junior
College.

--
Susan Weber, Media Librarian
Langara College, Advanced Education Media

Fast Forward Media Showcase, May 2-3, 2006 http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac