Re: [Videolib] Seeking Copyright Holders for Art Videos

Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:51:49 -0800

If it were me, I'd caption this stuff. Can you imagine anyone EVER
(except perhaps Disney and Turner) breathing down your neck for
captioning. The potential negative hadlines would be enough to scare
almost anyone off...

Gary Handman

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm helping to coordinate an effort to provide closed captioned
>media to deaf and hard of hearing students here at Santa Rosa Junior College.
>
>We have been producing captioned videos with permission when we are
>unable to find them for sale with captioning.
>
>I'm looking for the copyright holders for three titles:
>
> * Robert Arneson, copyright 1983, 17 mins, purchased 1987 from
> The Drawing Society, 415 7th Ave., #66, New York, NY 10001
> * Masters of Illusion, cr 1991, 30 mins, purchased 1994 from the
> National Gallery of Art, Publication Mail Orders, 2000 S. Club
> Drive, Landover, MD 20785, (301) 322-5900
> * Piet Mondriaan: A Film Essay, 1980, 18 mins, purchased prior to 1988
>
>Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
>
>~Susan~
>

>Susan Hix
>Closed Caption Coordinator
>Media Services