RE: [Videolib] TV Shows on DVD

Helene Lynch (hlynch@mcl.org)
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:22:26 -0500

Hi Ralph,

Each branch manager or DVD selector makes the final decision. I only
purchase shows with extremely high patron demand. If the show is in repeats
on various networks I won't purchase. Twilight Zone would be the only one
in your request group that I would purchase. I'd rather put my money
elsewhere.

Helene G. Lynch
Reference Librarian
Lawrence Headquarters Branch
Mercer County Library System
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Ralph Tomlinson
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 3:00 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] TV Shows on DVD

I'm coming to the realization that I could quickly spend my entire DVD
budget on TV shows. Does anyone have a policy for buying TV shows on DVD? Or
a percentage? In the past few weeks, I've received requests to purchase all
the seasons of the Twilight Zone, Leave it to Beaver, the Munsters, Voyage
to the Bottom of the Sea, the Adventures of Superman, Undeclared and Kung
Fu.

Ralph Tomlinson
Audio-visual/reference librarian
Adult Services