Re: [Videolib] Homeland Security / Quotations from Chairman Mao

MileFilms@aol.com
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:16:33 EST

--part1_e4.7783c24c.30e1a9a1_boundary

In a message dated 12/26/05 3:07:24 PM, deg.farrelly@asu.edu writes:
> The Standard-Times
> New Bedford, MA 02740
> 24 Dec 05
> http://www.s-t.com/daily/12-05/12-24-05/a01lo719.htm#
> Federal agents' visit was a hoax
> Student admits he lied about Mao book
> By AARON NICODEMUS, Standard-Times staff writer
> =A0=A0NEW BEDFORD -- The UMass Dartmouth student who claimed to have been
> visited by Homeland Security agents over his request for "The Little Red
> Book" by Mao Zedong has admitted to making up the entire story.
>=20
However, as the company who distributed I AM CUBA and WINTER SOLDIER this=20
year, and have been investigated by the Feds this year for (at the very leas=
t)=20
paying a New York firm to subtitle the first film -- whose rights came from=20
Mosfilm and the prints from a Spanish lab -- I think that the recent threats=
to=20
individual freedom should be a real concern to this group. That part is not=20=
a=20
hoax.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

"Welcome to New Jersey.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Big Hair, Big Heart, Big Fun!"
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0- Amy Heller

--part1_e4.7783c24c.30e1a9a1_boundary

In a message dated 12/26/05 3:07:24 PM, deg.farrelly@asu.edu writes:

The Standard-Times New Bedford, MA 02740
24 Dec 05
http://w= ww.s-t.com/daily/12-05/12-24-05/a01lo719.htm#
Federal agents' visit was a hoax
Student admits he lied about Mao book
By AARON NICODEMUS, Standard-Times staff writer
=A0=A0NEW BEDFORD -- The UMass Dartmouth student who claimed to have been visited by Homeland Security agents over his request for "The Little Red
Book" by Mao Zedong has admitted to making up the entire story.

However, as the company who distributed I AM CUBA and WINTER SOLDIER this ye= ar, and have been investigated by the Feds this year for (at the very least)= paying a New York firm to subtitle the first film -- whose rights came from= Mosfilm and the prints from a Spanish lab -- I think that the recent threat= s to individual freedom should be a real concern to this group. That part is= not a hoax.