Re: [Videolib] searching for several foreign films

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:57:48 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_l69LtpOOIny9AaK82BHzqA)

Andrea,
L'esquive is also called "Games of Love and Chance." It's distributed (for=
=20
non-theatrical showings, anyway) by New Yorker Films. Their website says=20
it's available for performance rental in VHS, Super-VHS, or 35mm. You could=
=20
ask them if there's a planned release date for the DVD. Call 212-645-4600=20
or 877-247-6200.
Marilyn Huntley

At 10:46 AM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
>Dear collective,
>
>I have been looking for these films for the last few days =96 the professor=
=20
>insists they have all bee ns screened in the US (he doesn=92t always=20
>understand the difference between seeing some thing in a festival/ seminar=
=20
>and buying it through a vendor). If any of you have any leads I=92d=20
>appreciate them. The notes in red are my own comments.
>
>China
>Artist Pickpocket =96 no information
>The World - not yet released
>West of the tracks =96 not available
>Argentina
>El Bonaerense--should definitely be available, released at film forum=20
>almost 3 years ago NA - no institution in the us has it
>Buena Vida Delivery--please find out when it=92s coming out can=92t find a=
date
>Bolivia
> Memoria del Saqueo--should also be in english - not available
>Hour of the Furnaces--not crucial =96 not available
>France
>L=92esquive--also released here and should be available- region 2 DVD only
>

>Andrea Slonosky
>Media Librarian
>Brooklyn Campus Library
>Long Island University
>
>Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu
>(718) 488-1311

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
Film scheduling, rentals, licensing & previews
A-V Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu=20=

--Boundary_(ID_l69LtpOOIny9AaK82BHzqA)

Andrea,
L'esquive is also called "Games of Love and Chance." It's distributed (for non-theatrical showings, anyway) by New Yorker Films. Their website says it's available for performance rental in VHS, Super-VHS, or 35mm. You could ask them if there's a planned release date for the DVD. Call 212-645-4600 or 877-247-6200.
Marilyn Huntley

I have been looking for these films for the last few days =96 the professor insists they have all bee ns screened in the US (he doesn=92t always understand the difference between seeing some thing in a festival/ seminar and buying it through a vendor). If any of you have any leads I=92d appreciate them. The notes in red are my own comments.

China
Artist Pickpocket =96
no information
The World
-
not y= et released
West of the tracks= =96 not available
Argentina
El Bonaerense--should definitely be available, released at film forum almost 3 years ago