RE: [Videolib] DVD Storage Solutions

Jaeschke, Myles (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:50:25 -0600

Charlotte,

Here's an interesting solution...

Myles

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Grete Pasch
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:20 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] DVD Storage Solutions

We are also a small college. We are experimenting with two "disk vault"
units, which we keep behind the circulation counter, see:
http://www.newmedia.ufm.edu/gpasch/fotos/diskvault.jpg

Each costs about $100 and holds 150 disks. Our software supplier wrote an application to tie the devices to our circulation system. When an item is borrowed, the unit "spits out" the correct disk, we put it into a generic case for circulation, and out it goes. No need for special sleeves.

I would appreciate any comments or experiences related to similar systems.
Thanks,
-G

--
Grete Pasch - Directora, Recursos de Información Académica - www.ufm.edu Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.  (502) 2338 7875

-----Original Message----- From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of jbl@BerkeleyCollege.edu Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 5:28 PM To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Subject: [Videolib] DVD Storage Solutions

I work in a small college. We have a constantly growing DVD collection (we have about 200 now and add a few every week). We are looking into convenient storage solutions as they take up a lot of space. We're thinking of putting the actual disks in sleeves and putting those alphabetically in a locked box. Could folks share how they store their DVDs and perhaps supply some vendors and products? Thanks a bunch.

Jim Leftwich Berkeley College Westchester Campus Library 99 Church Street White Plains, NY 10601 914-694-1122 x3371 jbl@berkeleycollege.edu