Re: [Videolib] streaming media and academic libraries: the

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:04:43 -0500

This is largely true but I think it unfair to say that feature film rights
holders will price themselves out. I just don't see how it is practical for
them to stay in. You are talking about THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of different
rights holders. I can tell you that Kino for instance could NOT grant rights
to stream most of the films in our collection because WE don't have those
rights. Can you imagine an institution dealing with everyone from a large
European company, to an individual director to the Chaplin Estate?
Hang on to your videos & dvds

Jessica