Re: [Videolib] streaming media and academic libraries: the

Rick Provine (
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:40:31 -0500

Well, I think a lot of it will happen directly from studios. It will be
basically video on demand or pay per view. I think we will have
streamed access to features (well, hollywood features) long before we
have decent access to docs or indy will cost, but we are now
blithely paying the CCC for access to articles for reserves that we
never used to...just a matter of institutional priority...

>>> 12/7/2005 1:41:45 PM >>>
Not gonna happen for FEATURE films at least legally
Way too many rights holders who will simply never agree and
You can't force them. I am sure however that lots of stuff will be
to be streamed but a lot won't .
Gonna be fun