RE: [Videolib] shelving by genre

Blane Halliday (bhalliday@collier-lib.org)
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:19:09 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C5FB30.CE92B410

Eileen (and other interested parties)...

We subdivide our features by the following genres (in our two largest
branches only...the other seven arrange alphabetically by title) : Foreign,
Drama, Comedy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Musical.

Blane

Blane Halliday
AV Acquisitions Librarian
Collier County Public Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, Florida 34109
239-593-3511, ext. 45
bhalliday@collier-lib.org
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Eileen Simmons
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 12:05 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] shelving by genre

This is a question for public libraries:
How do you shelve your feature films? Do you have one long alphabetical
run by title or do you subdivide by genre?

Thanks,
Eileen Simmons
Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C5FB30.CE92B410

Eileen (and other interested=20 parties)...

We subdivide our features by the = following=20 genres (in our two largest branches only...the other seven arrange=20 alphabetically by title) :  Foreign, Drama, Comedy, Horror, = Sci-Fi,=20 Musical.