RE: [Videolib] American DVDs/Norwegian players?

Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:43:52 -0700

Gail,

It won't work unless it is played on a US/North American (region 1)
machine or on a region free machine. Here is some info on regional
encodings.
http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/users/brewerm/sil/tech/regional.html

mb

Michael Brewer
University of Arizona Library A210
1510 E. University
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ 85721
Voice: 520.307.2771
Fax: 520.621.9733
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gail
Hanowell
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:54 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] American DVDs/Norwegian players?

A patron asked if American DVDs could be played in
Norwegian DVD players and I thought I'd turn to this
helpful list to ask if anyone has current information about
this.
I'm a bit fuzzy on the "regional codes" and "country codes"
properties of DVDs in general anyway, even after looking
at the DVD FAQ site.
Thanks in advance--

Gail Hanowell
Missoula Public Library