Re: [Videolib] American DVDs/Norwegian players?

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:00:58 EST

--part1_239.30834d2.30c7560a_boundary

In a message dated 12/6/05 3:48:27 PM, gailh@missoula.lib.mt.us writes:

> A patron asked if American DVDs could be played in
> Norwegian DVD players and I thought I'd turn to this
> helpful list to ask if anyone has current information about
> this.
> I'm a bit fuzzy on the "regional codes" and "country codes"
> properties of DVDs in general anyway, even after looking
> at the DVD FAQ site.
> Thanks in advance--
>=20

It really depends on two things. First, the country code is indeed important=
.=20
Those that are Zone 0 can be played in almost all DVD players in Europe. The=
=20
machines that can't play discs from here are usually because they are zone=20
specific or can't play DVDs that are the American standard, NTSC, rather tha=
n=20
PAL. On the whole, however, most machines can play anything in Europe. I bel=
ieve=20
I've had two or three problems in five years of distribution.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

"Welcome to New Jersey.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Big Hair, Big Heart, Big Fun!"
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0- Amy Heller

--part1_239.30834d2.30c7560a_boundary

A patron asked if Ame= rican DVDs could be played in
Norwegian DVD players and I thought I'd turn to this
helpful list to ask if anyone has current information about
this.
I'm a bit fuzzy on the "regional codes" and "country codes"
properties of DVDs in general anyway, even after looking
at the DVD FAQ site.
Thanks in advance--

It really depends on two things. First, the country code is indeed import= ant. Those that are Zone 0 can be played in almost all DVD players in Europe= . The machines that can't play discs from here are usually because they are=20= zone specific or can't play DVDs that are the American standard, NTSC, rathe= r than PAL. On the whole, however, most machines can play anything in Europe= . I believe I've had two or three problems in five years of distribution.