Re: [Videolib] Abraham & Isaac (Millions)

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:16:20 -0500

--------------000205070805080701070901

What about Danny Boyle's /Millions/? I just saw this film recently, and
it's about a child who believes in the saints (sees them, talks with
them, studies them, etc.) who finds a bag of money (part of a heist gone
awry) and decides that the money was sent to him by God to give to the
poor. The film follows him as he tries to do this, and the consequences
for his family when his faith, which tells him to give the money to the
needy, face off against his family's 'ethics' (keep it) and what might
be thought of as societal ethics (give the money to the police). Might
fit the bill...

At any rate, it's a great film -- the best 'family' film I've seen in a
long time.

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk, M.S.
Assistant Librarian