RE: [Videolib] LAVA going away?

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:06:55 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EA06.FB1484A0

Sarah,
=20
Do you have the original post?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Monique

_____ =20

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Andrews,
Sarah E
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:40 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] LAVA going away?

Hi-

I just got this email today--have you all heard about this? We use LAVA
often, and I will really miss their services if they are gone entirely.

Sarah Andrews=20

=20

It is with great regret that we announce the termination of LAVA's
distribution services as of December 31, 2005. The decision to end our
distribution activities was the result of months of deliberations
between LAVA's Board of Directors and staff and was motivated by
organizational and technological difficulties as well as space
limitations that affected LAVA's economic stability. The future of
LAVA's other two services - our informational website,
www.latinamericanvideo.org, and the video archive - has not yet been
determined.

Starting today until December 30, 2005 we will offer all our clients a
last opportunity to acquire LAVA titles before they go out of print. All
orders should be received by December 30, and will be fulfilled by
January 9, 2006. Only prepaid orders will be accepted. We prefer
payments by credit card but will accept prepaid institutional purchase
orders. No personal checks accepted.

Please follow this link for a list of titles available for sale. [INSERT
LINK] Ordering instructions can be found on our website.=20

Please forward this message to all your colleagues and professional
organizations that would be interested in acquiring Latin American
documentaries and feature films. Remember, this is your last opportunity
to acquire these titles before they go out of print. =20

We would like to thank you for your continued patronage over the years.
By acquiring LAVA's titles you have helped us fulfill our mission of
disseminating Latin American and Latino cinema in the United States and
Canada and have also supported the work of hundreds of independent
filmmakers in Latin America. It has been a pleasure and a privilege
serving you and the filmmakers we represent by acting as a bridge
between the two for the past 15 years.

Best regards,

Karen Ranucci

President