Re: [Videolib] Failing in Fairness Video

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:42:03 -0800

Here's a Canadian production, done around the same time period.
from CBC, www.cbceds.ca

*EDUCATING* *GIRLS*
<javascript:imgAssetMoreInfo_OnClick('ClikOnATitleDetail',
'2C2834DA6D8ABE3E85256C05007D2FF3' );>
CBC Prime Time News
Studies have shown that *girls* do better academically in all-girl
classes. Prime Time visits a public school to compare a *girls*' physics
class with a co-ed physics class, and speaks with teachers and students
at a *girls*' school, another environment where *girls* fare well. Is
there truly a male bias to traditional teaching strategies that
discourages rather than challenges *girls* in the maths and sciences? Is
segregation the answer? A panel discussion follows.

Duration: 26:00 minutes
Colour
Catalogue Code: Y8R-93-04
Price: VHS $125
Grade Level: Grade 10-12; Post Secondary; Adult Education; Teacher
Resource;
*Subject Area/Category:*
Education : Elementary
Sociology / Anthropology / Psychology : Women

--
Susan Weber, Media Librarian
Langara College, Advanced Education Media

Fast Forward Media Showcase, May 2-3, 2006 http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac