(no subject)

videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:29:50 -0800 (PST)

b=Zb0dXMqfiJp7s2KP+0B17xF/CyhlDoPXhqaXnRb8NMoZoT/m37kO2eTbJq+AfEgOpV3Wf9DaQJwe/IbsmFW2SgMGw+96hyjsmQYVDKV6bI4RQgm5AD7UJSlBbwLMfkxxgBOmfX2k4dpTwWZFSGhV+3Mwa4AdXN80sWoSG6jOsv4=
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:29:46 -0600
From: susan p <slpayne@gmail.com>
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Security for DVDs and videos
Sender: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu

------=_Part_34118_12659758.1131632986371

Dear all,
We have a large AV collection that we keep locked up. We have a smaller,
but quickly growing, collection of popular titles that currently are not
locked up. Since we don't really have room to lock up the popular titles, w=
would like to consider using some sort of security tape on them.
On another list, someone mentioned that they get security tape from 3M.
Here are questions, I could use some guidance on since I've never
investigated this type of security tape before:
1) Do you use this kind of tape on your DVDs? Do you also tattle tape your
videos? We are worried that doing this to video will cause a lot of
confusion for our work studies.
2) Who makes the security tape for DVDs that you use? Have you been happy
with it? Have you found a library vendor that supplies it or do you get
directly from a company like 3M?
3) Would you recommend the tape or the locking cases?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Susan Payne
Library Director
College of Saint Mary
Omaha, NE

------=_Part_34118_12659758.1131632986371

r, but quickly growing, collection of popular titles that currently are not=
locked up. Since we don't really have room to lock up the popular titles, =
we would like to consider using some sort of security tape on them.
. Here are questions, I could use some guidance on since I've never investi=
gated this type of security tape before:</div>
your videos? We are worried that doing this to video will cause a lot of co=
nfusion for our work studies.</div>
ppy with it? Have you found a library vendor that supplies it or do you get=
directly from a company like 3M?</div>

------=_Part_34118_12659758.1131632986371--