RE: [Videolib] Folkstreams.net

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:23:47 -0600

If content is valuable and fairly stable, we catalog it as an electronic
resource.

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato
(507) 389-5945

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Andrews,
Sarah E
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 4:56 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Folkstreams.net

I stumbled upon http://www.folkstreams.net today. "The mission of
Folkstreams.net is to build a national preserve of documentary films
about American folk or roots culture. Produced by independent
filmmakers, these hard-to-find films give voice to the arts and
experience of diverse American groups. They are streamed on the website
together with background materials that highlight the history and
aesthetic importance of the traditions and the films."

I am just curious, what are other libraries doing about sites like this?
Do you catalog it at all? How do you let people know about sites like
this?
Thanks,

Sarah Andrews
Monographic Orders, Claims, and Acquisitions Public Services Supervisor
Acquisitions Department
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
phone 319/335-5877