RE: [Videolib] Failing in Fairness Video

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:50:33 -0600

We were able to purchase "Failing at Fairness" within the past couple of
years. I believe we went directly to NBC. Bib info below.
But I will also be interested in hearing whether there are any similar
programs available.

~Barb

Title Failing in fairness [videorecording] / Dateline NBC.
Publisher [New York] : NBC News, c1996.
Description 2 videocassettes (ca. 15 min. each) : sd., col. ; 1/2
in.
General-Note Title from videocassette label.
Originally broadcast as two segments of the television program
Dateline NBC; pt. 1 aired Apr. 7, 1992 and pt. 2 aired Feb. 8, 1994.

Contents-Note Failing at fairness -- Equal possibilities?
Credits-Note Producer, Elizabeth Kavetas.
Performer-Note Reporter, Jane Pauley.
Summary Examination of gender bias in American schools. Girls
are consistently given less attention and encouragement than boys,
especially in math and science, and often fail to reach their potential.
Part 2 depicts innovative teaching methods designed to give girls an
equal opportunity to succeed. Both parts contain interviews with gender
bias experts Myra and David Sadker.
Tech-Details VHS.
Language-Note Closed-captioned (tape 2)
Subject LinkSex discrimination in education -- United States.
LinkSexism in education -- United States.
LinkWomen -- Education -- United States.
Genre-Heading LinkVideo recordings for the hearing impaired.
Author LinkSadker, Myra.
LinkSadker, David Miller, 1942-
LinkPauley, Jane, 1950-
Author LinkNBC News.
Uniform-Title LinkDateline NBC (Television program)
Added-Title LinkFailing at fairness.
LinkEqual possibilities?