Re: [Videolib] Movie Licensing USA/Swank Motion Pictures

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:39:52 -0400

I am not sure is they do any streaming yet. I would doubt it because they
are essentially an agent for many of the major studios but I would be
interested to hear if anyone knows that. I think their main purpose is for
entertainment programming at schools, libraries etc. While they would
clearly have the largest collection of films available for license they
still can only license what is owned by the studios they represent.

If you library needs PPR for some public showings than it might make sense
to look into it but keep in mind that no library, academic. Public etc is
ever going to be able to license many of their titles given that there are
literally thousands of different owners out there

Jessica

> Greetings, All.
>
> I have recently discovered the Movie Licensing USA website in my search
> for information on video streaming, public performance, and
> cable-casting rights. (www.movlic.com)
>
> Have any of you who work in academic university libraries ever used this
> company? And if so, what types of service do they offer? I have reviewed
> their company information listed on their website but it is not clear to
> me what, if anything, they can provide to academic libraries in the way
> of licensing, etc.
>
> I would appreciate any information, positive or negative, regarding your
> experiences with this company. You can reply to me off-list if you
> choose at Jeanne.Little@uni.edu
>
> Thanks for any and all input.
>
> Jeanne Little

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE