Re: [Videolib] Movie Licensing USA/Swank Motion Pictures

Jessica Rosner (
Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:39:52 -0400

I am not sure is they do any streaming yet. I would doubt it because they
are essentially an agent for many of the major studios but I would be
interested to hear if anyone knows that. I think their main purpose is for
entertainment programming at schools, libraries etc. While they would
clearly have the largest collection of films available for license they
still can only license what is owned by the studios they represent.

If you library needs PPR for some public showings than it might make sense
to look into it but keep in mind that no library, academic. Public etc is
ever going to be able to license many of their titles given that there are
literally thousands of different owners out there