Re: [Videolib] staffing for Media resources programs in

Gail Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:25:52 -0500

Maureen,
Instructional Media Resources is an independent library on our campus. It
has the following staff:

1 FTE manager (me)
1 FTE collection management coordinator
1 FTE technical services/patron services coordinator (staff supervisor)
2 FTE circulation desk staff
4 graduate assistants
6-12 student workers

We have 15,000+ video titles and 5,000+ audio titles. Total circs, including
faculty checkouts and in-house use, for 2004-05 were 8400.

Also working out of the same physical location is the Philip C. Howard Music
Library which employs 1 FTE librarian/manager. The music library is a
function of the School of Music, not the main library nor IMR. The
collection numbers and circ stats for the music library are not included in
the figures above. Both the IMR staff and the music library staff share
responsibilties for assisting patrons, regardless of which collection is
being utilized.

Hope this helps.
Gail
Gail B. Fedak, Manager