Re: [Videolib] Searching for some videos

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:46:12 -0400

Well not to point out the obvious but buying illegal bootlegs is never
helpful. I have no idea why it is not out on DVD. I am guessing the film
contains news footage which may not be cleared because there is NO WAY the
film is being "boycotted" by distributors
There are half a dozen on the list who would be happy to distribute it

Just curious from a librarian point of view what would be the difference
between buying this or buying a taped of TV bootleg of unreleased studio
film that are all over eBay?

Jessica

> We had a patron looking for The Revolution Will Not Be Televised earlier this
> year. While we were not able to find a copy, our patron was able to get it and
> passed along his purchasing source:
> http://venezuelasolidarity.org.uk/page3.html
>
> This site also explains some of the films distribution problems.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Kim Stanton
> UNT Media Library
> kstanton@library.unt.edu
>

> Hi -
>

> I am looking for the following two titles. I have found articles about them,
> but I cannot seem to find a place to purchase them. If you find any
> information please let me know.
>

> This revolution will not be televised?
>
> Rebels with a cause
>

> Thanks!