[Videolib] Fw: [Librarians_in_the_Movies] The Hollywood Librarian:

Laurel Seppala-Etra (librarygoddess@comcast.net)
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:15:13 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C5CEB1.40AA6810

Some of you may have heard about this documentary that is currently =
being filmed. Since we are (mostly) all librarians and lovers of film, =
you may wish to donate to this worthy project.

Laurel Seppala-Etra
Boulder, CO

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Ann M. Seidl=20
To: Librarians_in_the_Movies@yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:12 AM
Subject: [Librarians_in_the_Movies] The Hollywood Librarian: Progress =
Report and Seeking Sponsors

To all the fans of the documentary, hello! If you're hearing about this =
project for the first time, welcome. More information about the =
first-ever, full length documentary film about librarians, see =
www.hollywoodlibrarian.com.

I am thrilled to announce that the documentary is making tremendous =
progress. The production is going very smoothly - schedules, interviews, =
hotels, flights, camera rental, film stock - everything is where it =
should be when it should be and I am ecstatic to be so far along at this =
point. We have shot about 25 hours of footage of all kinds of librarians =
from all around the country. These librarians are funny, smart, =
dedicated and utterly moving.=20

Since March 2005, we have filmed in Florida, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, =
Colorado, Wisconsin and California. Our film crew is now off for the =
month of October while we pause and look over film, consider what still =
needs to be filmed (I have a list of dozens of librarians in different =
libraries but we can't do it all), and get ready for our next shoot in =
November.

We have received two grants totaling $85,000 from foundations that have =
enabled us to come this far. I continue to explore foundations which =
fund documentary work, which although it is time-consuming and highly =
competitive, I'm sure will be yield something down the road. I am also =
working on Federal dollars, although they usually require matching =
funds. In the meantime, we need some more money in the budget.

So, I am looking for 2,000 librarians and librarian lovers who want to =
contribute $50 to the film budget. Will you be one?

I have met many, many librarians who want to be part of this historic =
and monumental librarian film project, and I am moved to tears by their =
generosity. Please be assured that not a penny of the film's budget is =
being wasted or used frivolously. We librarians deserve a first-rate =
film, and we are getting it. This documentary is being shot on =
high-definition film with a Panasonic Vericam, by an experienced =
cameraman and sound designer. It will be edited by a top-notch editor =
with state-of-the-art digital editing technology. Your contribution will =
go toward buying film stock, travel costs, salaries for the film crew =
(my salary is 95% deferred at this point), tape dubbing, equipment =
rentals and to begin the copyright clearance process.

If you are interested in sponsoring the film with $50, please click on =
http://hollywoodlibrarian.com/sponsor.html to send your contribution via =
the Paypal link.

Or you can send a check payable to "The Hollywood Librarian" to:=20

The Hollywood Librarian
c/o Bi-Folkal Productions, Inc.
809 Williamson St.=20
Madison, WI 53713

I would be deeply grateful if you contributed, and please forward/post =
this email far and wide in Libraryland. From the bottom of my heart, =
thank you.

P.S. If you like, please take a minute to sign the Guestbook at =
http://www.ultraguest.com/?id=3D1118611276 .

=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of =
Service.=20

-------

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C5CEB1.40AA6810

Some of you may have heard about this = documentary=20 that is currently being filmed.  Since we are (mostly) all = librarians and=20 lovers of film, you may wish to donate to this worthy=20 project.

Laurel Seppala-Etra
Boulder, CO

----- Original Message -----=20