Re: [Videolib] Women on the Verge

Mary Lou Neighbour (mneighbo@mc3.edu)
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:25:49 -0400

Thank you, thank you, Jessica, for your prompt answer. We will choose something else.

ML

>>> jrosner@kino.com 10/11/2005 12:04 PM >>>
Well alas it is out of US distribution. Apparently someone is working on
doing a Aldomavar festival but as of now the film is not available for
showing in the US. I am afraid you will have to pick another film

> First of all I want to thank everyone who has answered recently a number of my
> questions concerning Arab films (too many kind souls to mention!), demo tapes
> (Randy and John Streepy), and the availability of Bright Victory (Jessica). I
> really appreciate the collective wisdom of this list!
>
> I now have a new question to which Jessica may have the answer. We need to
> know who has the PPR for Almodovar's "Women on the Verge of a Nervous
> Breakdown." We have checked Swank and New Yorker, neither of which seems to
> have the rights. We would like to show the film at our International Film
> Festival in the spring. Any leads would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mary Lou Neighbour
> AV Librarian
> Montgomery County Community College