Re: [Videolib] Women on the Verge

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:02:54 -0400

I might know the answer but I have to check with someone
Keep in mind that there are a number of titles especially foreign films
where you can not realistically get the rights. Sadly many companies now
just by home video or tv rights but skip theatrical/non theatrical rights
which means that in order to show say a Wim Wenders , Chaplin film or many
of the British Comedy films of the 50s you have to go directly to the rights
holders in Europe.

Will let you know about Women.

> First of all I want to thank everyone who has answered recently a number of my
> questions concerning Arab films (too many kind souls to mention!), demo tapes
> (Randy and John Streepy), and the availability of Bright Victory (Jessica). I
> really appreciate the collective wisdom of this list!
>
> I now have a new question to which Jessica may have the answer. We need to
> know who has the PPR for Almodovar's "Women on the Verge of a Nervous
> Breakdown." We have checked Swank and New Yorker, neither of which seems to
> have the rights. We would like to show the film at our International Film
> Festival in the spring. Any leads would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mary Lou Neighbour
> AV Librarian
> Montgomery County Community College