[Videolib] Re: Miracles

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:43:38 EDT

--part1_80.31aec597.3076ca5a_boundary

In a message dated 10/6/05 2:18:24 PM, videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
writes:

> I have a patron who has asked me to find her a list of films dealing with
> modern day miracles. I tried to have her clarify exactly what she was
> looking for, but all I got was, "films about TRUE modern day miracles."
>
> Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hmmm...

Well, there's the 2004 official Red Sox video. There's one on the '69 Mets as
well -- and of course, "Miracle" with the 1980 US hockey team. Some finding
out that "Ray" is a decent film by Taylor Hackford, consider that a miracle.
(Just a joke, people.)

But TRUE miracles? Aren't they by definition (somewhat like Gary's Marcel
Marceau CD), hard to prove, much less film? There are several documentaries on
appearances of the Virgin Mary (see below), but I suspect she wants fictional
films.

Anyway, try:

http://healing.about.com/od/angels/tp/angelvideos.htm

http://www.spiritualityhealth.com/newsh/items/moviereview/item_9943.html
(with a nice section on films about miracles near the bottom of the page)

http://www.newday.com/films/The_Blinking_Madonna.html

And there's a good 2003 film by our friend Edoardo Winspeare, Il Miracolo,
that you can find at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378362/ though it's probably
only available in Italy.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video