RE: [Videolib] Best African American Films

Larry Daressa (LGD@newsreel.org)
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:17:52 -0700

Dear Mr. Collins:

Every Black History Month I believe that ALA published in Booklist a list of the best films on African American topics on on the years. In addition two or three years ago National Video Resources published a list of 60 or so films on diversity issues; there was a section specifically on African American subjects. They can be reached at 212-274-8080. Full exposure requires that I mention that California Newsreel releases are generously included on these lists. Good luck.

Larry Daressa

NOTE NEW ADDRESS
Larry Daressa
California Newsreel
500 Third Street, Suite 505
San Francisco, CA 94107
voice: 415-284-7800 x2
fax: 415-284-7801
e-mail: lgd@newsreel.org
web: http://www.newsreel.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Chuck Collins
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 5:45 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Best African American Films

I have a patron looking for a ranked, AFI-style list for the "best"
African American films. (He seems pretty flexible on whether we are
talking about films with African American directors, or African American
stars, or whatever.) I've checked everywhere I can think of, but haven't
turned up anything. Has anyone seen such a list?

Thanks

Chuck Collins
Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library
www.heightslibrary.org