RE: [Videolib] Best African American Films

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:53:54 -0500

I'm not sure there is a list like you want here, but this site is sort
of interesting:
http://www.blackflix.com/

Sarah Andrews
Monographic Orders, Claims, and Acquisitions Public Services Supervisor
Acquisitions Department
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
phone 319/335-5877
fax 1-319/335-5691

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Chuck
Collins
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 8:45 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Best African American Films

I have a patron looking for a ranked, AFI-style list for the "best"
African American films. (He seems pretty flexible on whether we are
talking about films with African American directors, or African American
stars, or whatever.) I've checked everywhere I can think of, but haven't
turned up anything. Has anyone seen such a list?

Thanks

Chuck Collins
Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library
www.heightslibrary.org