RE: [Videolib] Popular Collection

Pamela Sue Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:01:59 -0600

The AV collection is housed in the basement and we do not get a lot of
traffic. Our intent is to draw more people into the library with the
popular movies and then they will see our collection of documentary and
educational titles. I'm looking at a very small budget of $1000.00. I
am considering 25 of AFI's top 100, and the remainder in current first
run movies, award winners, documentaries etc.

Pamela Reeves
preeves@uwyo.edu
Manager
University of Wyoming
Audio Visual Services
Dept. #3334
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
(307)766-3184

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Handman [mailto:ghandman@library.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:49 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Popular Collection

Wow! There are loads of best lists, top grossing lists, cult favorites,
genre
lists, etc. The question is: a) who's your audience and what's the
intent and
uses of the collection? (and what does "popular" mean?) b) how much $ do
you
have to start with? c) do you have $ to make sure "popular" stays
popular over
time?

Gary Handman