Re: [Videolib] Pumping Iron non-theatrical distribution rights

MileFilms@aol.com
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:48:38 EDT

--part1_9a.2dae5463.305c6d86_boundary

In a message dated 9/16/05 1:29:42 PM, elaroth@iusb.edu writes:

>=20
> Hi all - I too would like to draw upon the collective wisdom of the list!=
=C2=A0 I=E2=80=99
> d like to show Pumping Iron (1977, dir. by George Butler, produced by Whit=
e=20
> Mountain, distributed by Cinema 5) at Indiana University South Bend this f=
all=20
> as part of a film series for the campus=E2=80=99 year-long theme on The Mu=
table=20
> Body.=C2=A0 A contact at White Mountain said that he believes Arnold Schwa=
rzenegger,=20
> who famously stars in the film, currently owns the rights.=C2=A0 White Mou=
ntain=20
> also thought that the best way to get the non-theatrical distribution righ=
ts to=20
> show this film was to go through someone named Paul Wachter, who I emailed=
=20
> recently but haven=E2=80=99t heard back from yet.=C2=A0
> =C2=A0
> Has anyone else had any luck in getting the rights to show this film in a=
=20
> campus film series?=C2=A0 Or have any ideas about how to go about doing so=
?=C2=A0 Thanks=20
> very much for your help. - Elaine=C2=A0
>=20
Dear Elaine,

Since Warner Bros. put out the deluxe DVD in 2003, you might want to try=20
Swank in case WB got all the rights. (And make the connection for them that=20=
WB did=20
the DVD.)

As a side note, sorry to say, Cinema 5 is a company that is long, long=20
defunct and some of their great films they produced themselves are MIA as we=
ll.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128