RE: [Videolib] Public performance licensing for "Blade Runner"?

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:29:12 -0400

Marilyn, Since Blade Runner is being shown on television from TBS to AE
Classics (ain't that a riot - a 1980's classic!!?), and there are so many
versions of it (director's cut, Harrison Ford's favorite edition,
widescreen, etc.),I'm not surprized that PP rights might be had to find
individually. However, it is available via a blanket license from MLC and
others (site license for many titles, purchased on an annual basis). Jim
Scholtz

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Marilyn
Huntley
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:31 PM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Public performance licensing for "Blade Runner"?

I can't believe this could be so hard to find. Have I lost my touch?

A professor has asked me to find out about public performance licensing for
a showing of "Blade Runner" (1982, Ridley Scott). Our library has 3
different versions of the movie, so all I'm looking for is licensing. It's
not listed by my usual distributors, so I'm hoping one of you can tell me
who handles it now.

Thanks in advance for any information you can send me.
Marilyn Huntley

Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
Film scheduling, rentals/licensing & previews
A-V Classroom Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu