RE: [Videolib] Public performance licensing for "Blade Runner"?

Helene Lynch (hlynch@mcl.org)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:24:05 -0400

Jerry Perenchio (born 1931) is a former talent agent who runs the nation's
largest Spanish-language TV network. With partners spent $550 million for
Univision in 1992; his 16% stake now is worth $1.3 billion. Also radio: last
year paid $3.5 billion for Spanish-language powerhouse Hispanic
Broadcasting.

Mr. Perenchio, through his company, Univision, is also currently holding the
Blade Runner Special Edition (http://brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm)
hostage through his refusal to grant distribution rights. You can sign an
Online Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/B26354/petition.html)
encouraging him to change his position.

See also

Helene G. Lynch
Sr. Reference Librarian
Lawrence Headquarters Branch
Mercer County Library System
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Marilyn Huntley
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:31 PM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Public performance licensing for "Blade Runner"?

I can't believe this could be so hard to find. Have I lost my touch?

A professor has asked me to find out about public performance licensing for
a showing of "Blade Runner" (1982, Ridley Scott). Our library has 3
different versions of the movie, so all I'm looking for is licensing. It's
not listed by my usual distributors, so I'm hoping one of you can tell me
who handles it now.

Thanks in advance for any information you can send me.
Marilyn Huntley

Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
Film scheduling, rentals/licensing & previews
A-V Classroom Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu