RE: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

Christopher Lewis (clewis@american.edu)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:48:58 -0400

Here's another wrinkle that may or may not be true. The limitations on the
number of times a region change can occur are part of the player software
so it may be possible that if Windows Media Player locks on Region 5, one
could possibly switch to, say, Real Player and get a fresh five. I was told
you can't just uninstall and reinstall the software to start over as
something gets written into the registry that can't be changed.

Chris Lewis
Media Librarian/Humanities Collection Manager
American University Library
202.885.3257
AIM: congolene

There's no thief like a bad book.
- Italian saying

"Mark W. Kopp"
<iu8film@iu08.org
Sent by: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
videolib-bounces@ cc
library.berkeley.
edu Subject
RE: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

09/15/2005 01:09
PM

Please respond to
videolib@library.
berkeley.edu

A lot of computer DVD Players allow the region code to be changed a
predetermined (typically, the default is 5) number of times.