RE: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:09:37 -0400

A lot of computer DVD Players allow the region code to be changed a
predetermined (typically, the default is 5) number of times.

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher
Lewis
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:18 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

Hey Rick,

I believe that PCs are capable of playing DVDs from all regions. I would
assume the same for Macs. Have you encountered problems? The problem
may be in the NTSC/PAL/SECAM equation. I don't know if the average
videocard can understand/translate all the variations.

Chris Lewis
Media Librarian/Humanities Collection Manager
American University Library
202.885.3257
AIM: congolene

There's no thief like a bad book.
- Italian saying

"Rick Provine"

<PROVINE@depauw.e

du>
Sent by: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

videolib-bounces@
cc
library.berkeley.

edu
Subject
[Videolib] DVD Region Coding

09/15/2005 10:16

AM

Please respond to

videolib@library.

berkeley.edu

Howdy:

How have you all handled region coding on PCs/Macs (as opposed to
set-top players)? Have you found freeware solutions or workarounds that
allow users access to all dvds in yoru collections?

Thanks,

Rick