Re: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

Rick Provine (PROVINE@depauw.edu)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:24:32 -0500

as far as i can tell, they have a counter that will only change region a
certain number of times before it "locks" after 5 changes. not
optimal.

there are are some products you can purchase that will supposedly cure
this, but i am looking for the less espensive and simple approach that
we can adopt across the institution.

this is not a problem for most students, its the faculty who are less
adept with technology. just looking for something more bulletproof...

thanks!

>>> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu 09/15/05 10:12 AM >>>
Hey Rick

I was under the impression that DVD-RW drives on PCs and Macs would
handle
all regions. I be wrong?

Gary

At 09:16 AM 9/15/2005 -0500, Rick Provine wrote:
>Howdy:
>
>How have you all handled region coding on PCs/Macs (as opposed to
>set-top players)? Have you found freeware solutions or workarounds
that
>allow users access to all dvds in yoru collections?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rick

UC Berkeley

****