Re: [Videolib] DVD Region Coding

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:51:21 EDT

--part1_87.2fef33c7.305ae469_boundary

In a message dated 9/15/05 10:35:22 AM, PROVINE@depauw.edu writes:

>=20
> How have you all handled region coding on PCs/Macs (as opposed to
> set-top players)?=A0 Have you found freeware solutions or workarounds that
> allow users access to all dvds in yoru collections?
>=20

Dear Rick,

As a matter of fact, I just solved this yesterday with my Mac by installing=20=
a=20
firmware program that runs all regions of DVD. After you install it, you jus=
t=20
have to go to the preferences for the Mac DVD Player and click off the=20
automatic play settings.

The firmware is VLC and it can be found at http://www.videolan.org/ It's=20
not nearly as elegant to use as the Mac DVD player and perhaps slightly less=
=20
quality, but it solves the problem!

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_87.2fef33c7.305ae469_boundary

How have you all handled region coding on PCs/Macs (as opposed to
set-top players)?=A0 Have you found freeware solutions or workarounds that allow users access to all dvds in yoru collections?

Dear Rick,

As a matter of fact, I just solved this yesterday with my Mac by installing=20= a firmware program that runs all regions of DVD. After you install it, you j= ust have to go to the preferences for the Mac DVD Player and click off the a= utomatic play settings.

The firmware is VLC and it can be found at http://www.videolan.org/  I= t's not nearly as elegant to use as the Mac DVD player and perhaps slightly=20= less quality, but it solves the problem!