RE: [Videolib] Need Video or DVD Distributor ( if available)

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:52:34 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B6F9.9718DB1C

Jessica,
=20
Thanks again for your help. =20
I can always count on you for your swift responses, and attention to
detail.
Have a great weekend.
=20
_____ =20

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica
Rosner
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:00 PM
To: videolib
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Need Video or DVD Distributor ( if available)

=09
There are copies of IF available for sale on the Internet, but I
don't know if they are legal.
=09
=09

Rule of thumb on these these is that since is a studio feature film if
it were legally available and IN print virtually all wholesalers would
carry it. Since it is not you can assume it is at the very least not
currently in print. You can then try oclc to see if it is other
collections which
should give a clue as to whether it was ever in print. I believe this is
owned by Paramount and they are by FAR the slowest of all major
US studios to release material ( Conformist, 1900 etc). I am simply not
sure if there was EVER a VHS release but I think you could tell by
Looking at other collections. At BEST there could be used VHS IF it was
ever released on VHS but chances are most copies on the internet
Are bootlegs. It is staggering how many sellers big and small there are
of this stuff. Sadly most rights holders either don't know or don't
Care to try to stop it. For the most part a diligent owner can get
illegal items removed from eBay & Amazon but it does take a little work
Also the market is now being FLOODED with cheap knock offs from Asia
which are very, very difficult to stop. My rule of thumb is that
If you find a studio feature film available on DVD ( and in some cases
VHS) that is not available from the legit sites, this is almost always
A sign that it is an illegal copy and I would definitely not buy it

Regards

Jessica=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B6F9.9718DB1C

Re: [Videolib] Need Video or DVD Distributor ( if = available)

Jessica,

Thanks again for your help.  =
I can always count on you for your swift=20 responses, and attention to detail.
Have a great weekend.