Re: [Videolib] Recommendations

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:22:48 -0700

--=====================_665786984==.ALT

Hi Ho Rick!

(why does the old Steve Martin SNL tune keep runnin' thru my
skull... King Tut...born in Babylonia, got a condo made of stone-a)

There are tons of your basic PBS, Discovery, History Channel stuff that's
not bad...

Here are a few of things in MRC that we've scored:

The Greatest Pharaohs.
Four part series to examine the lives of the Pharaohs of ancient Egypt
using expert interviews, computer re-creations, extensive location footage
and the latest archaeological and scientific evidence. (available from A&E)

Pyramid. (PBS)
Host, David Macaulay with Sarah Bulle Colorful animation and live-action
sequences tell the story of the planning and construction of the pyramid of
Giza. Based on the author's book of the same title .

<http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=1404073&cp&keywords=ancient+egypt&y=0&searchId=10429819908&x=0&parentPage=search>Egypt's
Golden Empire (VHS) PBS

<http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=1404086&cp&keywords=ancient+egypt&y=0&searchId=10429819908&x=0&parentPage=search>National
Geographic Specials: Egypt Eternal:The Quest for Lost Tombs - (VHS) PBS

At 10:59 AM 9/8/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Folks:
>
>Once again drawing on the infinite wisdom of the group. Looking for
>the following:
>
>"To be more specific, it would help me a lot if we have more videos
>about the monuments, buildings and archaeological findings in Ancient
>Mesopotamia and Egypt."
>
>There you have it. Thanks to you all for your help!
>
>Rick

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan