Re: [Videolib] Bright Victory

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:57:28 -0400

I don't think it has ever been released but it does run on the TCM cable
station from time to time.
As usual remind your patron that 99% of films made by major studios have NOT
been released. They have large libraries and generally only release the most
popular films. It is possible a film like this might come out someday as it
is controlled by WB and they put out several times more of their classic
library than the others but still it would be a while

> I, again, am asking the collective wisdom of the list! We have a patron who
> wishes to purchase a copy - in any format - of the 1951 American film, "Bright
> Victory," directed by Mark Robson. It is the story of the rehabilitation of a
> soldier blinded in combat in WWII. I doubt that it has ever been available
> for purchase. I can find no record on OCLC, on Amazon or Alibris, or in the
> Video Source Book. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mary Lou Neighbour
> AV Librarian
> Montgomery County Community College
> 340 DeKalb Pike