RE: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Stockwell, Patricia (Patricia.Stockwell@ppcc.edu)
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:13:40 -0600

Back in the 1980's when I first started here we did pay for previews and
rentals of media. About 10 years ago as prices kept going up we no
longer offer that service. Faculty now speaks to their dean and the
cost comes from the departments and the library does not handle that
service any longer. We do buy videos and DVD for the library to keep
and for faculty to use in the classroom. We just do not handle rentals
and previews.

Patricia J. Stockwell
Library Technician III / College Archivist
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Eileen
Karsten
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:03 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Dear Beth,

Our Library has informed faculty that the we do not arranged previews or

rentals of media. The Library will only purchase, catalog and house
media to support the curriculum. Any other activities related to media
is the faculty member's responsibility. Our faculty have not had any
problems with this policy. I did work at another institution where the
Media Services Department dealt with previews/rentals and had a budget
for it.

I hope this helps.

Eileen Karsten
Lake Forest College