Re: [Videolib] Warner Brothers Entertainment vs Institutions?

Barbara Read (bread@rollinghills.lib.mo.us)
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:34:40 -0500 (CDT)

> I'm most concerned about educational opportunities available to kids
> that will help them actually :get: to college. Once in college, I think
> the public library has done its job for them.

Whoa! Sir! What about those distance ed students who are taking classes
online (with reputable programs) or driving long distance? As a public
librarian, I can tell you that the patron bases, in smaller cities in out
of the way places, are seeing a rapid increase in the percentage that are
college students every year. We buy more and more databases that can
serve them and interloan more and more books AND visual media for them to
see.
Whew! Hit my hot button ;>)
Barb in a small city in KS