Re: [Videolib] Release Date for Moolaade?

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:20:47 -0400

--------------070401060305060308050005

Hello All,

I got the following from Linda Duchin at New Yorker Films:

"New Yorker Films is pleased to announce that *MOOLAADE by Ousmane
Sembene* *is now available for institutional video purchase. Price is
$295 plus $5 shipping and handling*. Please fax a purchase order with
the exact ship to address, bill to address, the title of the film, VHS
institutional purchase, the price including shipping as well as a
contact name and phone number. Delivery should be approximately 3 weeks.
Restrictions that apply to this purchase are: No performance rights of
any kind are included with purchase. No copies may be made of licensed
video. No admission may be charged, no interlibrary/university loan, no
rental. Video is for classroom and research use only."

They do have the rights for home video vhs and dvd, but do not yet have
any specific release plans. Seems like such a shame for such a
well-reviewed and important title. We showed a film print as part of
our International Film Series this past spring, and the positive
reaction leads me to believe that this would be a great selection for
public libraries and a wonderful introduction to African cinema to the
uninitiated. But how many will be able to afford it at this price?

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk, M.S.
Assistant Librarian
Instructional Media Department