Re: [Videolib] Warner Brothers Entertainment vs Institutions?

Gary Daniels (Gary@interruptProductions.com)
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:53:59 -0400

I would once again submit this question:

Why would you want to help use limited library acquisition funds to help
subsidize a Hollywood corporation who CLEARLY doesn't respect you or
your educational mission. You are just extra profits for them and if
they can extract another dime from you by lieing to you about your legal
rights, they will. You mean nothing to them.

So why subsidize them with taxpayer dollars if you're a public
institution or your foundation's dollars if you're private? Why not
spend that money with educational video producers who create their
content with YOU in mind.....not as some ancillary market to be shaken
down for a few more dollars to help boost quarterly earnings reports.

I feel like the Chic-Fil-A cow "Eat more chiken"...."Buy More From
Independent Producers"

Trust me, if Warner Bros, et al, were told they could have a major tax
cut but it would mean libraries across the country would be shut down,
which do you think they'd choose? I think they'd take the tax cut and to
hell with the libraries. Every time someone checks out one of their
videos from your library they see this as an erosion of sales....one
less potential customer. When someone checks out my video from a
library, I'm thinking, "Cool....one more person has just helped me
accomplish my mission of educating people about the amazing Native
American civilizations that once existed in this country."

This all sounds like battered-wife syndrome- you love the one who abuses
you the most. A company straight up lies to you about your rights under
the law and says "We don't want anything to do with you, don't use our
videos in the classroom", yet you still consider purchasing from
them????????????????????????? Or maybe it's crack-whore syndrome--- she
stays with the pimp that beats her because the crack is cheap. Their
DVD's might be $19.99 but look at the monster you're supporting.

Please.....support independents! That's my mantra and I'm sticking to it.

-Gary Daniels
http://school.lostworlds.org
Native American History Videos