Re: [Videolib] Gaza Strip

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:02:39 -0400

I am not familiar with the film but frankly the vast majority of films about
the Middle East are "distorted" one way or the other. Doubt you would have
any films on this subject if they had to pass a objectivity test. Obviously
the film should have some overall merit to be in a collection but I would
not count on objectivity.

> Has anyone actually watched this Gaza Strip (2002) directed by James
> Longley? I've had a patron complain that the facts are distorted and the
> film does not present a balanced view of the situation in the area. Looking
> for reputable reviews - not finding many.
> As always, thanks for your help.
> Debra Berenbaum
> Wellesley Free Library
> dberenbaum@minlib.net