Re: [Videolib] Streaming and course management systems

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:19:51 -0700

Hmmmmmm

First of all: transmission of a whole digitized work on demand (as opposed
to in the content of synchronous distance ed) doesn't meet the requirements
of TEACH.

Second: no way fair use

There are two issues here: 1) making a digital "derivative" work 2)
broadcasting the work over a network

Gary Handman

UC Berkeley

****