Re: [Videolib] No cover art/plain packaging on videos & DVDs

Jen Stutesman (
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:36:06 -0700

Ooh! What a good idea, John! Up till now, I've been using
(if there *are any) the .gifs and .jpgs on the video's web
page, put into a graphics program.

"We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us
think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in
groups, alone in races, even alone in genders." - Maya
Angelou, The New York Times, 11 March 1990.
Jen Stutesman
Instructional, Media and Technical Services Librarian
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla, WA

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:18:32 -0700
John Streepy <John.Streepy@cwu.EDU> wrote:
> Hi
> I would not deal with the files on the disc, odds are
>they can not be
> accesed without a fair amount of hacking. Instead, I
>would play the DVD
> on your computer as large as possible (full screen is
>best), pause at a
> suitable image, and then hit the print screen button.
> (These
> instructions are for PCs, Macs need a utility such as
>DVD Grab to work)
> Paste the file into a image manipulation program and
>crop the image down
> to size, save as a jpeg or other suitablee file format.
> Much easier,
> and you can use the video's opening graphics for a title
>shot on your
> insert and make various shots.
> Hope that helps.
> jhs