RE: [Videolib] Movie reviews on public library website

Doshi, Ameet (doshia@cdnet.cod.edu)
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:21:16 -0500

I have tried to promote film genres and specific titles using our
library weblog. Overall, the feedback has been generally positive -
patrons like the fact that they can click to see if the mentioned film
is available. In addition, I created a monthly flyer titled "Under the
Radar" which highlights "gems" in our video collection. Many of the
films I mention are independent, foreign or documentaries, and both the
blog and flyer seem like good ways to increase visibility of criminally
overlooked films.

Here's an example of a blog entry:

http://www.codlibrary.org/blog/?p=45

Also, I would be happy to send a MS word copy of the flyer if
interested.

Ameet

Ameet Doshi
Resident Librarian